With the help of two downtown Burlington retailers we have trimmed the tree and hung the mistletoe to create seasonal settings to inspire your holiday décor. Whether you like to add a hint of the holidays to your home or create a winter wonderland in every room, these design styles are sure to induce holiday cheer.
All that glitters is not gold but rather a blend of gold, silver, bronze and copper. In House in Burlington expertly mixes metallics to add warmth while maintaining a wintry feel and this buffet-style table setting creates a sophisticated and casual dining experience. But there's no need to stop at the table. A bar cart adjacent to the dining table stays in line with the buffet-style theme while creating more space for food and decorations. Placing surrounding accents such as wall hangings like the oversized mirror or white and gold buck's head, or a small, delicately decorated tree, help to add a homey touch to the setting.
1) Pre-lit snowy pine tree, $595; Chickadee clip-on ornament, $15 each
2) Feather bowl, $375; Feather serving utensils, $90; Juliska flatware, $125 for set
3) Darcey mirrored tray, $95; Juliska B&T highball glass, $36
4) Champagne pedestal bowl, $250; Pinecone ornaments, $4.75 each
5) Embroider line napkin, $40 set of four; Diamond drop ornament, $12.50 each
6) Urban tree, $75 (21″), $150 (27″); Antiqued string lights, $40; Rhinestone ribbon, $6.50; Rectangular mirror tray, $100; White mugs with gold handles, $8 each; Stag horn Champagne bucket, $235; Gold glass stud vase, $60 (medium), $75 (large); White and gold reindeer, $15 (small)
– Vignette by In House, 481 John Street, Burlington
Perfect for a hall table or mantelpiece, this rustic vignette from Burlington's Centro Garden places a focus on natural details, like moss and twigs, while using animal-themed ornaments and birch-wrapped vases to draw the theme back into nature. The use of ornaments displaying provincially appropriate wildlife and the addition of a handcrafted wooden canoe in the forefront encourage a distinctly Canadiana-themed setting without going overboard.
7) Handmade birch-wrapped vases, $15 (small), $17 (medium), $19 (large); Floating candles, $3 each
8) Large white ornament with silver acorn/deer, $15 each; Twigs, $1 per branch
9) Handmade canoe, $33; Moss, $2 per scoop
10) Disc ornament with buck, $15
11) Plaid moose ornament, $7 each
12) Pinecone wreath, $69
– Vignette by Centro Garden, 437 Brant Street, Burlington
(289) 337-5755; centrogarden.com